Monday, February 13, 2006

Hiatus


Having trouble deciding whether to continue. Maybe this is all too trite. Hard to get to any deep and thoughtful matters when it feels like I'm talking to the wind. Roll call: anyone reading this reglarly? (Email if you wish).
Meanwhile, here, above, is another 'photographic' oil painting from Richter. Not sure why these have so much aura. I have never favoured technical skill over conceptual strength, but the fact that they are a snapshot that has been painstakingly redone in oils gets me every time.
And today I'm simply loving my new Jack Purcell black leather sneakers from Livestock. Designed in the thirties, they look fantastic.

2 Comments:

Blogger Bill said...

The primary way in which blogs acquire audiences is by linking, "blogrolling". It's a communal activity. But in order to get that going, you'll need to find other blogs that you enjoy, and whose content you feel something in common with, and arrange to link with them. Otherwise, you're operating more or less in a vacuum. Which is a shame, really, as the content is excellent. So it isn't anything you're doing that's preventing comments, it's that your prospective audience has no way to turn up.

7:02 PM  
Blogger Tony said...

Thanks, Bill.
I guess I am thinking of this as an elounge for the thirty or so friends whom I might tell. I'm not going for the 1000/day hits from strangers, although I might get more comments that way, and it might get a discussion or two going. I'll think on that. I didn't realize it would be a blogrolling world. Don't folk get to hear about it from outside of that, if it's any good, or of more universal interest, (not mine) and check in?

8:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home